Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ramblings

So here I am again killing Time in the Denver Airport. No, this won't be about Time, I think I wrote enough about that. I guess since I can't think of any one thing to write about, I'll just ramble a little.

This is my third flight in three days. My first flight this week was an early morning flight from Midway to Nashville. As usual, I was medicated and sleepy. I woke up halfway through the flight to find the guy next to me sleeping. That's not unusual except for the fact that he was sleeping with his head on my shoulder. I'm glad I was fairly stoned so it didn't creep me out as much as it would have if I had been sober.

Why is it the when you eat Cheetos, (especially the crunchy ones), you end up with more cheese powder on your hands and lips than is in the whole bag? I love Cheetos, but end up with the orange powder on everything. By the way, is the orange powder really cheese? I'm a little leery about checking the ingredients because I'm not sure I would still like them as much if I knew what was in them.

Reese. I've been crawling more these days since Reese started crawling. It's just easier to be on the same level she is. It's so much fun to watch her crawl and try to test her new found freedom. She is a doll and I am so glad she is in my life. I love the things that just fascinate her that we take for granted. She believes that everything that is within her reach is there for her to check out and taste. She got to one of the dog bones before I could get to her, she made a funny face when she tasted it.

A man I have admired for the last thirty years is in his last days on earth. I'm not sure how I would handle that. I've had to watch my father fade away and the only consolation was that he didn't know what was happening. I believe my friend knows. I feel like a cad for not visiting him, but he didn't want people to see him this way. I hope he doesn't suffer. He will pass the same way he lived his life, with class. God Speed, Mr K, God Speed.

The guy sitting next to me is talking extremely loud on his phone and laughing loudly. It is just rude. I hope he doesn't look over and read this, I don't need the hassle.

Crap! I now have orange powder on my keyboard, in my facial hair and on the white shirt I'm wearing. Damn you Cheetos! I guess I have to quit and go wash my hands and clean my keyboard and try not to ruin the shirt getting the orange powder off of it.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment